Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Back to the land of the Living

I've been in such a vacuum of frustration and feeling under the weather that I had temporarily lost all enjoyment of, um, everything. However, I still have this fire under me to complete many things, so I was just going from project to project and couldn't stop myself, even though I wasn't having a good time. So...yesterday I took a break from it all and read, rested up...after a busy morning, that is. And on this snowy day, as the shop is not open, I am practicing for the wedding, and rehearsing with Jeremy for our South China show at the Red Door in Portsmouth on Monday with Milkman's Union. Some details can be found [here].

Well Stitches West was a great time, and a successful show for my employers, for whom I am so happy. I did almost go to Mexico by accident...and it rained absolutely every day except Sunday, and even then it was dark by the time we got to go outside...but I find it fun to work really hard for a short amount of time and then have a (week of) rest. A lady came into our booth who was showing us photos of her in the 70s hanging with Johnny and June Carter Cash, all wearing various sweaters and crocheted gowns that this lady, Ruby, had designed and made for herself and for them. She was wearing a pin that June had given her, you could see Ruby wearing the pin in the photos. Amazing. The gowns were incredible. I wish I could have spent way more time with this lady, but I had to tend to other folks in the booth. Also, I met someone who designed one of my favorite garments from the latest issue of Interweave Knits. Lastly, I worked with some really nice people, and one in particular who is just starting Level III of the Master Hand Knitting Course. Plus we stayed in the Embassy Suites, where on weekday mornings I could (and did) eat white rice, seaweed, pickled vegetables, and miso soup for breakfast. My favorite breakfast of them all.

I started to regain some semblance of wanting to knit, but the urge to do a good job at the wedding and at the numerous shows I have coming up this week took over and I abandoned my knitting for today. It hurts me so to say this!!!! Well here are a couple of UFOs:
 The "Curvy Squares Tee" from the new Interweave
 My friend's mitts and hat, that I am redesigning because I don't like what I've done so far...
A close-up of more swatching...
 This was a pair of arm warmers that were a bit too warm, 
so we'll see what happens to this yarn after a nice bath...perhaps a scarf...
Coming soon...a video of us playing with the high school kids at City Theater...super rad...

No comments:

Post a Comment