Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

There we are.

Happy new year. I've been writing in a journal since I got my first diary in fourth grade. I love, love, love writing. However, now that I'm practically in my mid-30s, I feel as though I don't want to just be talking to myself. Somehow I believe that talking about my projects where folks can read and respond to what I'm saying will hold me to a new standard of getting things done, of staying the course. Will it work?

OK. Today, I am knitting on the February Lady Sweater, which I've coveted ever since I saw the Yarn Harlot make one out of her very own hand-spun and -dyed wool, clever lady. My baby sister (not a baby actually, she's in her first year at UNH) gave me a copy of the commemorative edition of EZ's Knitter's Almanac for Christmas, and I was delighted to find not only an introduction written by my favorite knitting blogger, but also the February Lady Sweater pattern in the back of the book.

I had to wait for four agonizing days before going back to work at the shop so I could pick out the perfect color for this project. Though I have a "summer" complexion, I picked forest green. My goal is to finish it in time to wear it at Vogue Knitting Live in just two weeks. Wow. I have a bridal shower to cook for and two shows between now and then...and some other projects for friends...I'd better go.

But not without leaving you with some sense of where I'm at with the sweater:

No comments:

Post a Comment