Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Chowder Day

This morning I knitted on the February Lady Sweater and took another photo:
 Then I started making corn chowder. I'm no vegetarian, so there's some tasty bacon in this batch. The Joy of Cooking asks for the cobs to be submerged in the milk to grab some of that corny sweetness...but since I'm using frozen corn I will not be doing that. Furthermore, I have lots of carrots I need to use up, so I've grated one and have thrown it into the pot. Perhaps the sweetness of the carrot will make up for my lack of cobs. We'll see.

I (actually, my husband did) named this blog Bow and Bind, because someone already snagged Sticks and Strings as well as Stick and String, which as a knitter AND a cellist, aptly describes my greatest passions. Well, bow is obvious, and bind is listed as a synonym for knit. I thought it fit because I also do other needle arts and have been known to make blank journals out of old covers and repair books.
My husband is the slower, more deliberate one, and as he was helping me to come up with alternatives to Sticks and Strings, as soon as he blurted out Bow and Bind, I was already entering it as my blog name. The way we came up with our band name, South China, is similar. If I did other things as arbitrarily as I name things (and dress myself) I would be in some seriously dire straits.

No comments:

Post a Comment