Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dear blog. (An apology.)

Dear blog,

I'm sorry I abandoned you for so long. I kept thinking about posting, but my life has been moving at a pace that I haven't really been able to keep up with. My excuses for not writing since May are many, and perhaps you would deem them meager, but hear me out:

1. In early June, I changed jobs, and am now doing prep work in one very tiny kitchen in Willard Square, and it is a fountain of delicious marvels and happy folk. I work there full-time.

2. In mid-June, Jeremy and I packed up our belongings and moved them into an 1880s farm house in Biddeford, for a super sweet house and pet sitting gig. Our friends went on a long road trip across the country, and if you are interested in reading about it, go here.

3. In late June, before moving into said super-sweet house, we went on a little tour with some friends.

4. In early July, I began a freelance knitting pattern editing gig.

5. In mid-July, we celebrated both Jeremy's birthday and the wedding of my sister and new brother in-law! (Another sister, remember how many I have?)

6. I finished Estelle in mid-May, wrapped up some projects for Tess Yarns, suffered an attack of Startitis, and now am blocking and finishing Bayarri.

7. Jeremy and I have been busy working on some secret recording projects. So there.

Other, more lame excuses:
8. Guitar Hero World Tour (Hey Corrals...there will be way more songs for y'all to play when you get back...xoxoxoxo)
9. Netflix (goes dangerously well with knitting! Good thing I have a job that gets me out of the house)
10. The commute from Biddeford to SoPo and back makes me super tired.

My plan this summer was to embark on a day-to-day account of life in an old house taking care of three turtles, a lop-eared bunny, and a huge lawn, and the creative pursuits we've undertaken while being spoiled with so much space. However, we are now halfway through our stay here, and I have not written a word. Here are some of my favorite photos from the summer so far:
Chopping baby red peppers for roasting at work. They look like strawberries! (I don't think my phone did the colors justice...)
Estelle on the Lee River in Swansea, MA
On tour: Jeremy and I went to Richmond, VA, a night early so we could visit one of our favorite haunts (pardon the pun), the Hollywood Cemetery.
Here are some hilarious and ridiculously spoiled turtles.
 Dearest blog, I am hereby renewing my promise to post regularly. My life does move at a whirlwind pace, but writing and taking photos of what's going on inspires me to keep being creative.

Oh and...here's a brand new blog to keep an eye on...

No comments:

Post a Comment