Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Plains on the Radio and Bayarri on the Needles

Estelle is currently getting her front border put on. Completed sweater photos will be forthcoming in a couple of days.

As far as mail goes, there is no greater feeling than receiving a box of yarn or books in my PO Box:


What's that you say? Where are my other projects I was working on? Irmo? Morganeve's Mitts? The master hand knitting swatches? All got packed up in the move, and ended up E V E R Y W H E R E. Who here knows the reality of being diligent in well-organized packing for about two days and then saying "Meh!" and throwing it all together in a random location and not labeling anything and figuring well we don't have THAT much stuff and we'll be moving soon again anyway, etc? Anyone? Other professional subletters out there? While it's true that the four pieces of furniture we own makes it seem that we don't have a lot of stuff, our books, music, instruments, crafting supplies, and kitchen gadgets say otherwise.

Well I did eventually find these things, so they will be moving forward as soon as I finish Bayarri and some secret items. I've actually never made myself a summer jacket before, and this will also be my first real-live Intarsia project. Thus far I've only tackled stripes (jogless jog jedi, right here!) and any attempts on Intarsia have not made it past the swatch stage. So far it looks passable, though I might have to jostle some weird-looking stitches...
It seems a bit crazy to be knitting with 8 different balls of yarn at the same time, but it looks pretty darned cool...

Tonight, Plains will be heading down to MIT to play on WMBR during Pipeline! with Aleric Nez. If you are in the Boston area, tune in to 88.1 FM--if not, you can stream live at wmbr.org. The show runs from 8-10pm. Always a blast. Jeremy and I have played on Pipeline! as Brown Bird, Plains, and South China. This trip will include Plains' traditional post-show trip to Gilley's in Portsmouth, NH, for our midnight sliders and fries. Imperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment