Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Some things

Here is a little something I did last month:
It's from "Flower Designs in Cross-Stitch" by Gerda Bengtsson and Elsie Thordur-Hansen. I had found the book at my local library and held it hostage long enough that finally I felt I should buy my own copy. I started the Holly wreath in January, and miscounted somewhere along the line so that the top of the thing is all scrunched up and nearly falling off the canvas. I'll get back to it eventually. Don't really know what will happen to these guys, but I have several ideas and I want to make a few more before I decide.

Here is a video of the show we played in Somerville on Saturday:
Jeremy and I did a South China set as well, and eventually we'll be able to post one of those as well. You can also see the incredible 13-piece "orchestra" we all participated in to back up Audrey Ryan here. Many thanks to Bernie for taking the video and allowing me to post it here!

It's not obvious on the videos, but it was also an evening of hand knits in action: I wore my t-shirt yarn shrug, which I finally bought a lovely shawl pin for (purchased last Friday at Bella Yarns in Warren, RI)--a solid replacement for the stitch holder I was using...Jeremy wore the sweater I made him, and I wore my Froot Loop socks. I am too embarrassed to post a photo of those socks here, because I accidentally put them in the washing machine, and they came out just a little pilly. They are still wearable and look nice from a distance. Perhaps that's all I can ask.

My sister's wedding is coming up swiftly and surely. Having re-adopted some of my practicing techniques, I've greatly improved my time management. The other day I was supremely frustrated with the way things were sounding, until I remembered that as one progresses and gets better, the standards become higher and higher. Could it be that I'm about to reach another level of cello playing? And that I got there all by myself through hard work? In any case, that doesn't even really matter. What matters is that I don't make myself memorable on my sister's wedding day...

No comments:

Post a Comment